Wednesday, May 27, 2009

She for Shop

I recently heard this saying on returning from my US trip (where I did tons and tons of shopping as usual) and I could not help but relate to it - "Whoever said money cant buy happiness did not know the right places to go and shop."


I love to Shop and I don't understand how people don't. Is it not a kick to buy something new for yourself or for your loved ones? Anyway, I dont mean to sound opinionated in this post. Instead, this post is meant to pen down some notes/tips on enthusiastic shoppers:
  • The 'Shopaholic' series by Sophie Kinsella is a must read for all the people who enjoy to shop. Its simply amazing the way you can relate to Rebecca (aka Becky) Bloomwood Brandon.
  • Its true that a lot of what is available abroad is now available in India. So shop sensibility when abroad
  • Do not shop anywhere else outside India other than USA. No, I dont intend to help the economy from recession - but you wont regret believing me. The same Zara shoes that cost 40 GBP in London cost 30 USD in New York. Bath and Body works (exclusively in USA)/ Abercrombie & Fitch/ Coach/Calvin Klein/ Ralph Lauren - All the stuff that you get at EXHORBITANT (read possibly 20 times) prices anywhere else in the world is available in the best quality in our very own shopping paradise. If you locate a factory outlet nearby, you get even luckier. I may sound like am crazy - but this is after having shopped in multiple countries (trust me, I did not return from any trip without shopping - untill I reached USA). Whoever said Thailand was a shoppers paradise!!!!
  • Fridge Magnets and souveniers make for one my most enjoyable shopping items. Recipe books is the other favourite.
  • Shoes - Can't seem to get enough. men, including my husband find it tough to relate to more than just a couple of pairs. But a nice pair of shoes can brighten the dullest of days!! But again....
  • "When women are depressed, they think of something to eat or shop. men invade another country. Its a whole different way of thinking."