Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sapno ka Rajkumar

Considering my luck in love, a typical arranged marriage I thought would be it for me. Its been a while now that this search for a soul mate has been going on. The experience has been so enriching that I even made a checklist of the qualities I want - Of course, this did not come over night, but with meeting various kinds of people of some time now and identifying what I do not want in my partner for life. Someday, I will look back and laugh at these days - and this is only to facilitate that (Uff, this Corporate world has put me in the habit of giving a background before presenting something!!!!)


  • Lets start with the number one (actually number one was when I was 21, and he was some 27, but of course not - at the age of 21!!!!) . Anyway, so he was a Kashmiri guy - went to his house in Bombay to meet up. We went to GAYLORD for lunch and then rhythm house for some music shopping and finally while sipping coffee at Barista, he had to rush to look after his Nani. It was a funny episode is all I can say. Thankfully it fizzled out before either of us could make up our mind.
  • Then there was another catty eyed guy. He took me to pizza pizza express - asked my preference on whether I was vegetarian or like meat - and when I told him that I preferred vegetarian, he went ahead and ordered a chicken pizza. And that was tata and bye bye
  • Then there was Mr Defence kid. Very cute looking guy - in fact AT and me both freaked out on him when he entered our house. I even made faux pas like landing up to meet him without my wallet - and make him pay for my parking ticket. Somewhere after meeting him, I realised I wanted someone with more substance
  • Then came the oldest guy I have met until now. Spent 3 hours with him at a coffee shop (its a separate thing, that the hotel is burnt down now :)).. But its my longest first ever meeting. A lot of gyaan lot of philosophy, but a lot of laughter as well. Am just so glad he realised he is incapable of getting married early enough, so we could both be friends. He is the only friend actually that I made from this process.
  • Then there were some more random guys, through friends, through other channels I met - don't even remember how they look.

I was an optimist supporter of the concept of arranged marriage only on the belief that someone somewhere is made for me (Uff, these movies!!!) . But now I am going to give it a break. Done with it for now.

No comments: