Monday, March 10, 2008

Smelly Cat

Yes, its a take from feebies's song in Friends - those were the days when I could spend so much time watching Friends. Actually there used to be a time even before that - When Star Plus was launched in India - Neighbours was my serial then..then there was Doogie Howser MD and Wonder Years. For a while it was also Ally Mc Beal, but then the last of the addictions was Friends. Anyway, enough digression, this post was to be about my favourite smells:
  • Smell of the gajras sold at India Gate - I think its Chameli. Just reminds me of the bachpan picnics that I went to with Mom, Dad and a bunch of family friends
  • The smell of petrol - Absolutely love it
  • The smell of wet mud/earth or terracotta, especially in Summers - takes the heat off me.
  • The smell of confectionery - being baked in the oven. I remember in Bombay, I used to live in Vile Parle - the place where there was the Parle-G factory, (Wonder what came first Vile Parle or Parle-G Factory) and every time I used to cross this one fly over, the smell would just excite me (Food you see :-) )
  • The smell of home food when I return home after a trip abroad
  • Fragrant men. Anything non citrus will do.

Its also strange how I associate smells with certain periods of my life. Like Eternity by Calvin Klein always takes me back to Stephens days. I am not THAT spoilt - received it as a gift. Tommy girl reminds me of my second Paris trip. Then I had these really shady perfumes I used to use in NM. Really, what came over me!!!

Now that Ive had my fill of blog writing for the moment, I better get going towards the tonnnnns of work piled up. Getting ready for the Kill !! :-)!!

No comments: