Friday, May 2, 2008

Not so earnest, not so young

As much as I have been and still enjoy the work I do, am often compelled to take the role of a change agent at work for the following reasons:
  • Being glared at for leaving the office at six, even though you may have started at 7 am
  • Unless you work on saturdays and public holidays, you dont work hard enough or stretch
  • The budget for a project is never aligned with the effort that goes in. There may be a few slow team members - but always??!! And all you are left with is explaining overruns.
  • Being torn apart between two bosses, where both want you to prioritise their work while maintaining the highest standards of diplomacy
  • Taking up so much of my time that even when you are pursuing relaxation, the to-do keeps building up
  • Lack of ease in building a rapport with male colleagues unless you are the smoker break variety
  • For not being able to take leave inspite of having a positive leave balance
  • The monetary impact of political connections at work

Sometimes, I wish there was a permanent plan B. Then I think, its going to be no different. So I continue learning to deal with them.

No comments: