Thursday, August 28, 2008

Journal art

A well wisher recently told me that he's bored of what I've put up here. And everytime I have been thinking of writing something since, a small teeny weeny performance pressure grips me. Anyhow, now I am over it, so here goes:

  1. Have found myself actioning on the things I have been wanting to do for a while now, and I am loving it. For starters, this was possibly the first birthday of it's kind I had. Yes, I did turn 28 - but you know, it's really not that old. It's only and hopefully only half my life - there is so much more in store to learn from the second half. Anyway, so turning old is not what made me spiritual/religious and took me to Amritsar - and neither was it to meet a marriage prospect (I had atleast 4 people asking me that question). It was the want of doing something different. Given the liking I have taken to travel, the desire to see more of my own country, and value of the time I have with my parents, I decided to give up the usual wining and dining and do this instead. And I thoroughly enjoyed turning 28.

  2. Have taken to a new interest - Art. No, not visiting art galleries and museums and trying to comprehend what others express. But trying to express myself in black and white, and a little bit of water and colour. And it is fascinating. Well, am just a beginner and am yet only trying my hand at the simpler techniques. But hopefully, the interest will last long enough so I can finally have something to tell the mummy's and daddy's when they ask me about my hobbies :-). Come on, you know me better than that - that's not even remotely the reason.

  3. I called up the organisers of various dance classes conducted in Delhi. I will soon pay up for the weekend batch, but atleast I have a registration number now - am moving in that direction.

  4. Am also finally back to the rythm of one hindi movie a week. And am so glad Ads has moved to Delhi - Its what they call 'ek teer se do nishane' - I can pamper her, as well as have company for the most trashy movies ;-) But I am thinking about BeeforBollywood.

  5. The other thing that is keeping me busy these days is reading the shopaholic series. Am still on confessions, but it already has made me confess on the shopaholic instincts I am developing. Am hoping its a commonality with women my generation and age. And more so, just a phase..

  6. Work is really uninteresting these days. The Organisation has done some bit of restructuring and everyone is trying to deal with the change. So am I. Hopefully I have made the right decisions. One of my oldest colleagues and once upon a time the only friend at work has resigned. And that is pretty much seems the end of our roller coaster ride together.

Journal art is something I read about as I was researching my new found interest. You get rid of the clutter in the mind by writing a journal, and then close your eyes and draw random lines with a blank mind. A shape automatically emerges, which you fill in for a complete painting. My journal's done, so now lets give the art a try.

No comments: