Friday, August 1, 2008

Mamma Mia

If you can give up alcohol for the longest time
If you can give up snoozing on alarms 'coz monitors is what you wake up to
If you can fill your plate with warm food; a
nd leave it mid way to calm the upset soul
If you have courage to take responsibility for disturbing the decorum of a public place
*************************************************************
If you can order chocolate milk at a bistro when what you want is hot chocolate
If you no longer need weights but the car seat, stroller, "Godi" etc to tone up
If you can give up cuddling with your mate at night 'coz sleep is what you treasure more
If the only time you have with yourself is in the bath
*************************************************************
If you have the art of making up stories for almost everything
If you can run your life based on their schedule
If you can go to amusement parks and give up on the rides you once enjoyed
If you have the unconditional support of your mate to take over when you are burnt out
*************************************************************
If the giggles and the incessant (and at at times incoherent) chatter mean the world to you...
Only then are you ready to be Mamma, my friend..

For my childhood friend who's doing such a 'good job' at being Mamma

3 comments:

Ritz said...

Awww...you are so sweet! I read this just when I was having an impatient moment with 'you know who'. It made me laugh and then shed a couple tears :)
Thanks!! This makes me feel better about myself and atleast someone noticed all the things I have given up!

Chandreyee said...

HI! mY DAUGHTHER IS 16 MONTHS OLD... HER NAME IS MIA... MINE IS CHANDREYEE. CURRENTLY MY FRIENDS CALL ME... MAMMA MIA!... I LOVED YOUR POST... AND I REALLY ENJOYED... THE LAST WORD... HAHAHAHA... KEPT ME SMILING FOR QUITE A WHILE... WILL LOOK FORWARD TO MORE FROM YOU.

CHEERS.

Bee said...

Thanks Chandreyee. All the best to you and Mia.